UniChain also referred to as multi-chain, is a highly scalable Blockchain platform interconnecting BCs to combine their assets (among other things) to scale and utilize otherwise idle potential to create a system greater than its parts.
UniChain uses a DPOS-Hotstuff hybrid solution as the core consensus algorithm and the Uni-bridge protocol to communicate between Blockchains, i.e. cross-protocol for interchange communication.
UniCoin (UNW) is UniChain’s native coin, but everyone can issue/ utilize their own native tokens on the UniChain system as well. Further specifications of UniChain:
- Cryptography algorithms: SHA256, SHA512, Keccak256, Keccak512, Elliptic Curve Digital Signature (EDCA).
- Private keys on UniChain: 256 bit long (64 hex characters) and start with the letter U
- Consensus algorithms: DPoS-Hotstuff
- Active witness nodes: 33, alternative witness nodes: 22 (55 in total)
- Total UNW supply (fixed): 1.000.000.000 (In words: one billion)
- Block time: 1 - 3 seconds
- Smart contract language: Solidity (compatible with Ethereum)
- Inflation rate < 1% per year (maybe zero or go negative, depending on transactions in the network)